Its Good news for Samsung Galaxy S6 series owners because now you can root Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root. Now you can Root Galaxy S6 devices with CF-Auto-Root.
Galaxy S6 Compatible device with this rooting tutorial (CF-Auto-Root)
We have confirmed and tested root with following devices with this tutorial.If you have other model please leave a comment on our comment section. We will add the compatible devices for rooting galaxy S6.
- SM-G920F (international version)
Pre-check list for galaxy S6 Rooting process
[*]Always Backup your phone. This process will clear all of your Data. (custom recovery backup will be handy )
[*]Charge your galaxy S6 ( 90 % ) for smooth and uninterrupted rooting process
[*]Rooting will void manufacturer’s & Knox warranty.
[*]Check and confirm your device Model with this tutorial. To Check model number To to Settings–> About device–> Model number.
Rooting tools for Samsung Galaxy S6 – Direct Download links
[list="margin: 10px 0px 10px 15px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; list-style: none; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); font-family: verdana; line-height: 22px; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);"]
[*]CF Auto Root file : CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f.zip
How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 ( S6 & S6 Edge) – Rooting tutorial
- Unzip the files and get “.tar.md5″ extension ( If you get another file name or file called recovery.img ,cache.img, unzip again to get mentioned file )
- Enter Download mode on your Galaxy S6 device. (hold Home, Power and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds and follow,click instructions)
- Check and confirmed our “Pre-check list for galaxy S6 Rooting process”
- Run Odin 3.10 on PC and Connected S6 to the PC using USB cable. Note: your phone must be in download mode.when you sucess conection your S6 to odin , Odin will show “Added message”.
- Through Odin click the AP button –> select the .tar.md5 file (unzipped file).
- deselect / confirm Auto-reboot & F.Reset Time options aren’t selected and uncheck Repartition button.
- Click START button. You may check everything for safer rooting process.
- Rooting process will begin and it will be finish in few minutes. Then your galaxy S6 will reboot.
Galaxy S6 root Troubleshooting
If you run into problem or your device is fail to root, Check and confirm your device model. Than redo this tutorial again.If you fail again un-check the “Auto Reboot option” in Odin.Switch off your device. Then press the Volume Up + Home +Power button to boot S6 into recovery mode. Then it will start install process for rooting your phone. This is the simplest how to root galaxy S6 guide and enjoy your rooted Galaxy s6.
Phone must be rooted!
If the software can't root the phone automatically,
then you must root your device manually.
1. Power on the phone.
2. Tap 7 times on 'Build number' in 'Settings'-'About phone' to enable 'Developer options',
go to 'Settings'-'Developer options' and enable 'USB debugging'.
3. Connect the phone to PC with USB cable, install drivers if needed.
4. Press 'Unlock' button for direct unlock.
Selected model: SM-G920F
Software version: 22.0
Waiting ADB device... OK
Reading phone info...
Android version: 5.0.2
Product code: SM-G920FZDASFR
Phone version: G920FXXU1AOD9
PDA version: G920FXXU1AOD9
CSC version: G920FSFR1AOCN
CSC country code: France
CSC sales code: SFR
HW version: MP 0.80V
Phone S/N: RF8G70VT3MJ
Modem board: SHANNON333
RF cal date: 20150714
Checking Super user right... true
Reading nv data... OK
Checking magic... OK
Initialization AT RIL... OK
Sending request to server... OK
Writing nv data... OK
Rebooting phone... OK
Done with Samsung Tool PRO v.22.0